The Belbin method enables formation of the best team for a project. Once the team has been set up, it is important that the roles of each member are well-balanced. This approach guarantees performance and genuine strength.
No-one is perfect, but a team can be !
The Belbin course presents the 9 important roles within a team. The strength of a team lies in the disparity and multiplicity of the approcaches it is able to provide. This approach will help you to improve team management to boost performance.
Here is the model representing the 9 team roles according to Belbin:
- – 3 cerebral roles, on the top (Plant, Monitor Evaluator, Specialist)
- – 3 action-oriented roles, on the left (Shaper, Implementer, Completer Finisher)
- – 3 people-oriented roles, on the right (Resource Investigator, Teamworker, Co-ordinator)
Key points of the training
Belbin the method is followed by a scientific questionnaire and is cut into four steps :
- – A self-perception of team roles Profile
- – A council report
- – A personal behavior profile
- – An audit of observers perception
An exercise in crisis management is also conducted to better understand the 9 roles in a team.
The differenciating factors of Exelop’s training
- Custom test
- Linked to the Lean Six Sigma training
the members’ roles in a team
the 9 roles
your profil and the profils of others in your team